The Fort Dodge Community School District serves the communities of Fort Dodge, Badger, Coalville and Otho as well as surrounding rural areas. Located in Fort Dodge, we are the largest district in the area with over 3,500 kindergarten through 12th grade students, approximately 400 employees and seven schools including one early learning center, four elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
The FDCSD offers the advantages of both a large and small school. Classified as the largest district in the area, our low student-teacher ratio allows teachers to focus on the needs of each child while providing students with numerous academic opportunities focused on 21st century learning and extra-curricular activities. Fort Dodge Senior High offers more than 200 courses, allowing students to pursue their passion. In addition:
- Freshman Academy eases the transition from middle school to high school by grouping ninth graders together for core classes.
- Students can play in an orchestra here as early as fifth grade.
- Our Career & Technical Education classes draw students from surrounding districts.
- We provide a K-12 Talented and Gifted (TAG) program.
- Our diverse learning environment expands students’ understanding for the diverse and culturally abundant world we live in.